Our contact details
Name: QWERTY Type (Clare Macdonald & Philippa McNeil)
Address: The Old Farmhouse, Church Road North Waltham, Hampshire, RG25 2BL
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share includes:
- Student Personal information: child’s name, parent’s name, email address, adult name, date of birth, mobile telephone number, address, medical conditions, school attending, photo permission, laptop
- Businesses- Name, email address, medical conditions, photo permission, laptop
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
How we collect the information:
By online booking form, via Email or Telephone
The reason we collect the data is for:
- Enrolment onto a course
- Compiling spreadsheets with course student information
- Making registers for each course
- Notifying students of course information
- Notifying parents of future courses
- To inform interested customers and businesses about future courses and what we do as a business.
- To get permission for photos taken
We use the information that you have given us in order to create a data base of current, past and future students, parents and businesses.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
We collect your information through:
- Sign up form on our website
- Booking form for a course
- Enquiry form via the website
- Telephone call
- Text message
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The lawful basis on which we use this information.
We collect and use information under Article 6 GDPR Lawfulness of Processing:
“ Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party” – by completing an online enrol form or completing a paper copy, parents or adults are entering into a contract to receive lessons with QWERTY Type at their request and we will use this data to enrol them or their child.
In addition: “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests” – so that we can conduct our business, to generate profit, create employment and provide a high quality service to those parents and customers that have expressed an interest in our company. We will use the data to email parents and customers about term dates/changes of dates and any other business associated with QWERTY Type. Customers can opt out of receiving these emails if they wish to.
How long do we store personal data for?
We hold personal data from the time someone is enrolled on the course or enquires about a course, to 4 years after they leave the course.
How does the information get stored?
Personal data from online enrolments and verbal enrolments get uploaded onto a secure password protected cloud storage system, One Drive.
Who we share information with:
We don’t share information with any other parties, other than schools that we may be working with.
Other Data Controllers
That may have access to your data
- Mailchimp and Capsule – online email company.
- One Drive & Excel
- Stripe if customers pay online
Mailchimp– an online email company. This is so we can inform customers about details of courses. There is an option to unsubscribe.
One Drive – We host most of our information here. These are routinely deleted from the server once they are no longer needed after the time periods specified previously.
You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing us: email@example.com
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.